Hi! Piye kabare?? Apik-apik wae toh?

Welcome to our blog.

We hope you can find all of information that you need.

Jika ada yang ingin disampaikan, tinggal comment saja.

Don't be shy

So, enjoy it!!

Matur suwun..

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Differences in Music Appreciation

On the 5th of August 2009, I had a chance to practice with Melville's school band. It started after school and it was a really enjoyable experience. We played only 3 songs because they will perform next week with those songs for a concert/competition.


The thing that I learnt was how music is appreciated so well that a lot of students can play the musical instruments very well. There are just a few schools in Indonesia that still appreciate music this much. They only teach students music in primary school as an additional subject to learn and they don't even know that a lot of students are waiting for their talents to be discovered. The high school is the same and maybe worse.




The thing that I saw was actually we are not worse than they are. The composisition they played wasn't that difficult. I think the difficulty is the same as I usually play in my school orchestra, the Petra Youth Orchestra and actually I'm just learning to play my flute (the instrument that I played right now) for 1 year so I'm just an amateur. So let music heal your soul. We can do better if we're trying hard to accomplish it.

3 comments:

  1. I know that you enjoy your music Jess.It is good that you had the opportunity to practice with the Melville group. I hope that you can teach me music while we are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Musa : Why later? Just ask me and I will glad to help as much as I can :)
    @ kiran : Yeah... No problem. (of course I'm enjoying my music. I ALWAYS enjoy my music. Especially the jazz and classical music :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With music, we can share with others.
    With music, we can know what the people want.
    With music, we can learn culture in other country. So share your music!

    ReplyDelete