Hi! Piye kabare?? Apik-apik wae toh?

Welcome to our blog.

We hope you can find all of information that you need.

Jika ada yang ingin disampaikan, tinggal comment saja.

Don't be shy

So, enjoy it!!

Matur suwun..

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Melville's and Surabaya's students play the Gamelan together


This was my first time as a visitor to the Indonesian consulate in Perth. I was so excited when I heard, I would go to the consulate. I had a big job to do while I was there. I must ask a student questions. Only one. I made a friend from the year 8 students from Melville Senior High School when I was in bus. I asked him so many questions about Indonesia. I asked a question about 'what do you think about Indonesia?', but firstly I asked his name. His name was John. Then he answered just all about Bali. I didn't know why. But I was satisfied, he could answer my questions.


Then we went down from the bus into the consulate. In the consulate, we met the consulate staff. We then watched a video. The video was about traditional dances in Indonesia and the Gamelan. After that, we went to the other room to play the Gamelan. I was so excited because I would introduce the Gamelan to the Melville Senior High School's students. Before we did it, we were divided into some groups as Slentheng player, Demung player, Gong player, etc. We were very happy, we could play Gamelan together.



Setelah kita melakukan itu semua, kami lalu kembali ke Melville Senior High School dengan bus. Lalu saya memberikan pertanyaan lagi seputar Indonesia. Saya menanyai dia tentang 'Kata-kata Indonesia apa yang dia ketahui?', dan dia menjawab banyak kata dalam bahasa Indonesia. Sebagai contoh, dia bisa mengatakan terima kasih, salam, angka, dan masih banyak lagi. Dalam perjalanan pulang, dia bercerita banyak seputar kota Perth. Tentang Swan River, Kings Park, dan banyak lagi. Banyak pengetahuan baru tentang kota Perth yang saya dapat dari John. Sungguh suatu pengalaman yang indah karena bisa mengunjungi kedutaan Indonesia di Perth.
Thank you so much for your time. Good bye.

4 comments: